Friday 8 January 2010

Prologue

In the (altered) words of the Vampire Lestat:

Vulnavia here. You know who I am? Then skip the next few paragraphs. For those whom I have not met before, I want this to be love at first sight.
Behold; your hero for the duration, a dark haired and deep eyed English male.
We have souls you and I. We want to know things; we share the same earth, rich and verdant and fraught with perils. We don't - either of us - know what it means to die, no matter what we might say on the contrary. It's a cinch that if we did, I wouldn't be writing and you wouldn't be reading this blog.
What does matter very much, as we go into this story together, is that I have set myself a task of being a hero in this world. I maintain myself morally complex, spiritually tough, and aesthetically relevant - a being of blazing insight and impact, a guy with things to say to you.
So if you read this, read it for that reason - that Vulnavia is talking again, that he is frightened, that he is searching desperately for the lesson and for the song and for the raison d'etre, that he wants to understand his own story and he wants you to understand it, and that it is the very best story he has right now to tell.
If that's not enough, read something else.


No comments:

Post a Comment